Tried my hand at making these beauties today-I altered this recipe. Boy, are they chocolatey!! Q was so thrilled because she thought I kept giving her chocolate-ha!
Of course, I did’t get a photo while making them BUT I did get a finished product picture 🙂
Makes 20+ small bites
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup sesame seed, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Add dates into processor and process until a chunky paste forms.
2. Add in the seed mix, cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon. Process until thoroughly combined. The dough should be sticky when pressed between your fingers. If it’s not sticky enough to shape into balls, add a small amount of water (a teaspoon at a time) and process until it comes together.
3. Shape dough into small balls (about 20) and freeze for 20 minutes or so until firm. Beware-your hands will get pretty messy at this stage. Store leftovers in the freezer until your next snack attack hits. I popped mine in the fridge as I don’t think they will last long!